Saturday, May 19, 2007

A fire and JiWon gets hurt

Today I woke up to my mom panicking about me being late to tae kwon do. It turned out she thought it was an hour earlier than it was. I got up, ate and dressed (not in that order I guess). I printed out my hours for April (19 days late) and brought them in to Tae Kwon Do with me. It turns out my Tae Kwon Do teacher got his 7th dan. This makes him a Grandmaster Tae Kwon Doist (sounds kind of KKK no?). Kamal and I taught the two classes. I personally don’t think they went as well as they did in the past.
I got picked up by my dad (15 minutes late of course) and got driven home. I spent the next hour in a frantic rush of cleaning my room and myself as well as eating. Then Christa came and it being my birthday tomorrow she brought a wonderful bag for me. When I opened it later it turned out to be her heavenly cookies and a mix-cd, which I always find incredibly meaningful. Infact as I write this as I am listening to the mix cd and partaking of the cookies.
My mom left to get movies or something and sent me off to make a fire for my party. Fires are really fun but I always feel like I am hurting the environment when I have them. Pretty soon people started arriving for my party with lots of gift certificates and the like. JT didn’t get me anything but his present was the fact that when buying my birthday present he boycotted all evil corporations.
Pretty soon everyone was there and fooling around. In no time Kamal managed to toss a log at JiWon and give her a really nasty cut. My dad took JiWon to the emergency room and was there for 3 hours. This was really fast because my dad is a doctor.
JT got everyone involved in an incredibly competitive game of basketball. Our neighbor who is in third grade and is Spanish came over and schooled us all. JT also managed to flip over Kamal on camera (Trevor was filming) and accidentally knock over the Spanish kid. After basketball we went back to the fire and watched my dog chase small animals. (infact I think she is still outside now, nearly 7 hours later.)\
Trevor and JT started a random game with a Frisbee that was christened Fireball and as far as I could tell the objective was to throw Frisbees at Jews and if JT or anybody else was on the ground jump on them.
I went and sat down with Christa and watched the fire. My mom served us tea with her graduate student who will be staying for the next two months. I only found this out of course just before he came to stay. This, I guess, isn’t a horrible thing but I wouldn’t say no to a little warning before someone comes to stay for the next few months.
When it got dark Trevor light a firework and my mom came out and shouted at me about how already there was one person in the emergency room. I naturally blamed the whole thing on Kamal. As soon as my mom left I filled a large container with rubbing alcohol and threw it on the fire. I kid you not the flames must have been 20-30 feet high. Trevor has the video on you tube. JiWon came back and was greeted by yet fierier explosion things.
After a while people started leaving and Jeremy ran up to play a quick game of footies. I have a feeling he ate some of my delicious cookies but it is all-good. Christa left which was sorrowful but I had a funny conversation with her dad about how people now watch satellites instead of stars. This all brings me to now where I am sitting in front of the computer blogging, Listening to music and generally not feeling very activist. In a few minutes it will become May 20th and I will be 15. (I wont feel anything though, 15 seem like a rather unexciting number.)

No comments: