Sunday, May 20, 2007

My Birthday!

Well, Today was my birthday. I woke up and came out and ate a croissant. My dad had bought me the Barista manual, which is great. They also told me that they have in the mail an iPod for me, which is what I have wanted all along.
In the afternoon, my family went to see Shrek the third. It was great with a not so hidden left wing agenda. In it they had “magician” who took people on a “magical quest” and wore Birkenstocks with socks. They also had a feminist bra burning scene.
I came back and pulled shit out of my ass and put it down on paper about different things in the book “the joy luck club” which in my opinion was a meaningful but not English class worthy book. They essay also took me a while and in the end really sucked because I wasn’t writing about anything very meaningful.
I have been tossing around the idea of doing an internship with Greenpeace not this summer but next summer. It turns out I cant this summer because they are ageist (or realists who don’t want to get stuck babysitting a bunch of kids whos mom’s thought it would be a cool idea) but they have a position that basically involves coordinating and planning meaningful direct action which is something I want to do with all my heart.
The most exciting thing though today was I got an email back from Julian who was one of the people from rising tide who went to redbud woods as well. In it he talked about how redbud woods had been sabotaged by well-intentioned college students but sabotaged all the same and left most people involved in it very pessimistic. This very much mirrors what I feel about it.
I am hoping to be able to ride to school on my bike every day this week and the weather should permit it. Unfortunately my bike route goes past redbud woods parking lot that makes me sad and reflective every time I see it. Ithacans like to call redbud woods Hunter’s Ass-fault because Hunter was the president of Cornell when they cut the woods down.
My week looks like it is destined to be stressful and long as all the weeks will be approaching the end of the year. I am writing this at 10:30 and still have another good hour of homework to do tonight. Hopefully JiWon’s gimme gift certificate will get me through the week. Going to sleep late really sucks but it is the only way I think I can still stay sane as the end of the year approaches.
For some reason today I have been having some pretty funky vertigo and it is making me feel like I took something bad, which I didn’t. My theory is that it is the after effect of 20 tall flames.
That actually reminds me that there was still a fire this morning but it was gone by the time we got back from shrek because it rained. It turns out my party was a big success with everyone except JiWon’s face having a great time. Even our neighbors who only came over for a short period of time had a blast and were talking about it all day.
I don’t really know what else to write. This morning I looked at Trevor’s YouTube videos and he is going to be guest editor sometime this week which means he is really famous in the near future. I am hoping I will be able to capitalize of his success in the future. If he is reading this I was just kidding about the whole capitalizing off your success.
A Good Forest for Dying is becoming a good book again with lots of plot twist and good writing. I hope that in the future I will be a good enough writer to write my own book.
Peace and love for now everybody.

No comments: