Friday, May 25, 2007

A straight forward day

Today I woke up to the blasting of Yoshima Battles the Pink Robots by the Flaming lips from my iPod alarm I had hooked up with my speakers. This defiantly woke me up but also woke my family up as well. In my defense waking up at 7 is a good time to wake up.


After waking up I did the morning stuff and blasted Shpongle until I had to leave for school (if you want to listen to some Shpongle I have a small clip from their song Divine Moments of Truth at the bottom of this post). For first and second period we had this massively bitchy substitute teacher who basically told us all that she was smarter and better than all of us because she was older. Somehow her old age wasn’t very conductive to classroom control.


Second period was elections and JT decided to run them for our class. They were true American democracy style elections. This of course means I voted 3 times along with the rest of my class. Our sub was flipping out all class which made it all the more fun.


At lunch JT broke JiWon’s Nalgene bottle and got shouted at by the almost legendary fat security guard Boone. JiWon was rather upbeat about it all and didn’t really complain that JT broke her Nalgene bottle.


After school I went downtown with Christa. I got some coffee for me and peppermint tea for Christa. The lady at Gimmie was very nice and gave me the peppermint tea for free but still stamped my card for two drinks.


After Christa was picked up by her dad the clouds burst on me. Instead of being all depressed by rain I decided to listen to the song Dancing For Rain by Rise Against very loudly and that made being in the rain a lot of fun. I was actually having so much fun and was saddened when it stopped raining.


In the car home I decided to mess with my mom a little bit. I did the partially closed eyelids thing and attempted to slur my speech. By the end of the ride she was flipping out asking me if I was okay and the like. I think the scariest part for her was when I stopped doing it and seemed to miraculously sober up.


At home my dad started bitching at me about my decision not to take the SAT II for bio seriously. In an attempt to show him I would do badly on it I did a practice test. I ended up getting a 710 which is a really good grade so I am going to spend memorial weekend having fun AND practicing for the SAT.


I must end my post a little short today because I am off to go walk my dog Tavi and do some quality sleeping.


Peace and love and Shpongle Below.


No comments: